- Create a marketing calendar. Mark on the calendar any marketing or deals already in progress or taking place leading up to the end of the year. Make sure you mark in how you plan to market any holiday deals.
- Schedule out your social media posts. This can save you a ton of time- and your sanity! Facebook allows you to schedule out your posts in advance. If you don’t feel comfortable scheduling out for the entire month, schedule out week to week or even schedule out the next few days. It will save you lots of time. Currently, Instagram and Twitter do not allow you to publish posts in advance but there are apps that can help with that. A few apps you can use are Later (formerly Latergramme), Hootsuite, Buffer, Crowdfire, Preview (this one is FREE and can be downloaded in Apple Store or Google Play), and Hubspot.
- Write out all of your marketing emails ahead of time and save them in your google drive. This way, all you have to do is copy and paste and send to your clients. You could even save in your email drafts so all you need to do is click send when you’re ready. Make sure you mark on your calendar when you are sending out your emails.
- Have a checklist for your spending. If you are planning any Holiday mixers, charity events, or buying small gifts for your clients this month, make sure you set a budget and STICK to it. Create a spreadsheet to stay organized.
- Make your Year-End To-Do List. Getting ready for taxes, year end numbers and reporting can be daunting. Make sure you stay on top of it even in this hectic last month of the year. Keep track of your spending, expenses and sales so you are ready for 2019 and ready for tax season. If you haven’t been doing this all year long, set aside one day to sit down and go over everything. You will be grateful you did once tax season starts up!
- R.E.L.A.X. Find time for yourself to be with family and friends and relax. Pamper yourself too. You need to recharge the battery every so often to be the best Salon Owner you can be!
As a small business owner, it can be difficult to juggle it all; your business, family friends and now throw the holidays in the mix. It is easy to get overwhelmed this month ahead. Don’t let your organization slip just because it is a busy month. Here are 6 tips on how to stay organized this holiday season.
MY SALON Suite
Salon Ownership For You!