- Put together a retail package that is easy for someone to come in and pick up. Make sure you promote via email marketing and social media.
- Offer special Valentine’s Week services like a blow out for a special date night. Offer a discount or even make it fun and offer some champagne to your clients to make it extra special.
- Focus on couples by creating promotions like his/her shampoo and conditioner pairings, buy one-get one promotions and any other add on services.
- Use the correct hashtags on social media to reach the audience you desire. #ValentinesDay, #ValentinesDay2020, #ValentinesDayIdeas, #ValentinesDayGifts, #SinglesDay, #BeMine and be sure to use a hashtag for your location!
- Hold an event for single ladies to get pampered or a couples only event! You can hire a relationship expert, serve snacks and drinks and make it a fun night! Collaborate with other suite members to make it a fun event for all!
- Work with a local restaurant to come up with an advertising package together. A day at your salon suite followed by a romantic dinner at their restaurant.
- Promote your gift cards via social media and email marketing. Who doesn’t love getting a gift card to the salon?! It’s an easy gift!
- Show your love to your clients on social. Take the first two weeks in February to show and tell why you love your clients. Create an image using Canva or WordSwag like the one below. Change the image and the reason everyday. Make sure to brand your image with your business logo!
- Ask your clients to share the love for you with open ended posts like “The one thing I love most about being a (your Salon Suite name) client is _______________________________________.” You can offer up a gift card for coffee to ensure people respond to the post. Use the responses as mini-testimonials on your website, social networks and email marketing.
Ah, love! ❤️ Valentine's Day is right around the corner and what better way to show someone you love than to pamper them at your salon suite business. Many spouses love to give the gift of a spa/pampering day either in gift card form or to get ready for a fun and romantic date night. This is definitely a holiday you NEED to add into your marketing plan for the year. Here are some ideas to help get you started. Have an idea that isn't on here? Share with us by using the hashtag #mysuitemoment so we can see what ideas you come up with!
Filing for taxes as a small business owner is not easy and can feel overwhelming. We recommend having a tax consultant/accountant help you to ensure you are doing this correctly and get all of the benefits of your tax deductions. We’ve outlined a list of deductions you may be able to use for your Salon Suite business. The most important thing to remember is that because you are a sole proprietor/business owner, you can deduct many of your business expenses. Make sure you head on over to the IRS website to research any new tax changes since last year.
Happy New Year from all of us at MY SALON Suite and Salon Plaza! The start of a new year and new decade is promising and a time for new dreams, goals, plans and business ideas. We want 2020 to be your best year yet! How will you accomplish all of your goals this year? What are the steps you are going to take to make sure you are on the Path to Prosperity?
First, plan ahead. Before you go to bed each night, set yourself up for success! Get your coffee ready for the morning, lay out your clothes or write down your to-do list for the next day. This will set you up to accomplish your daily goals.
Create a vision board for 2020 (or the entire next decade!) A visual reminder of your goals will help give you that extra boost. Display it somewhere where you will see it everyday. Share it on social with your clients, followers, and peers and see what their goals are too.
Set your professional and personal goals. Break them down into action steps. Part of the reason people don’t achieve their goals is because they pick multiple goals but don’t know exactly how to achieve them. Make sure you sit down THIS WEEK and pick just ONE goal for the New Year.
Let’s say your goal is to communicate better with your clients. Action steps for that would be to:
1. Create Thank You Note Templates, Welcome New Client Templates, etc.
2. Post at least once a day on social media. Plan out your social media posts a week in advance and schedule them to post to save time.
3. Create new deals quarterly and write out what they are so they are ready to go out to clients when the time is right.
Perhaps your New Year’s Resolution is to maintain better bookkeeping. Actions steps for that could be to:
1. Create a spreadsheet of income and expenses
2. Have a folder in your Salon Suite for receipts/expenses. You get the idea. Plan and preparation are key!
Another great way to stay focused in 2020 is to create a small accountability group with other MY SALON Suite/Salon Plaza members. Create a group of 3-4 of you. A successful accountability group is small so that you have the time to devote to each other. It is also a lot harder to hide in a small group! Having this group to cheer you on or to keep you on track when you slip will help you tremendously. Plan to meet once a week to discuss the progress of your goals. If you can’t meet in person because of alternating schedules, that’s okay too! There are several phone and video conference apps that you can use for this including google hangouts, House Party, or Zoom.
And finally, stay up to date on your education such as trending styles and techniques in your beauty business. Read magazines, beauty blogs and follow new stylists on social media. Take classes and educate yourself. Expand your knowledge of your industry and be THE person to go to for those lashes, nails, hair, or massage therapy.
MY SALON Suite
Salon Ownership For You!