- Celebrate Travel. Do you sell travel- sized products in your salon suite? If so, make sure you are promoting them on social and in your email marketing. Promote some summer looks and encourage your clients and followers to book before their big vacation.
- Launch a new special. Launch a summer package with products to keep their hair, skin, or nails healthy all summer long. Or offer a service to help strengthen and protect hair, skin or nails from sun damage.
- Meet new people and get out in the community. Try one new networking group each month of summer. Bring plenty of business cards to share with your new contacts.
- Take a trip! If there are trade shows or conventions happening this summer, make an effort to go. This can help grow your business and give you some great ideas.
- Revamp your marketing materials. Take some time this summer to give your marketing materials a once-over. Give your business logo or marketing materials a fresh new look!
It’s never too early to start thinking ahead to summer! With the warmer weather approaching, (or already here in some areas) that means more people are out and about. If you want to avoid a summer slump and keep sales going strong all summer long, here are some summer marketing tips for your salon suite business.
Mother’s Day is just around the corner! Make sure you are prepared for the week leading up to the big day. Offer up a few different ideas for your clients to choose from. Below are a few ideas to help get you started. Don’t forget to take a look at our Hashtag Blog post from last year to help with your social game all week long!
1. Promote Gift Cards/Certificates to your salon suite. This is an easy one! Many people are scrambling or looking for last minute gifts the week of Mother’s Day. Make sure you are promoting gift cards on social and in an e-blast to clients. You could even offer up a gift card deal like “Buy a $50 gift card and get a $10 gift card for yourself!”
2. Create a bouquet of products! Yes, flowers are great to get on Mother’s Day, but you can create a beautiful bouquet (or basket) with some of the amazing products you carry in your salon suite.
3. Create a “Pamper Me Package” for your clients to purchase. You can work with another salon suite member to create an amazing spa/nail/hair blow out package. This is a great option for those who would like to take their mothers, grandmothers, daughters, or granddaughters out for a special day.
4. Host an event! Have a Mom’s Night Out event the week of Mother’s Day. Host a night with a group of moms in your community complete with snacks, drinks and a bounce back coupon to return to your salon suite again! Offer a “Pamper Me Package” or educate the mothers about some of the products you carry and how they can help them with their busy schedules. Another idea is to teach them some “mom hacks” for their child’s hair or let them know about some of the upcoming summer looks.
We love our members! We recently asked our members to share their stories with us. Follow along on our blog and we will be highlighting Suite Elite members throughout the year!
Thomas Mannarino is a member at MY SALON Suite of White Plains in New York. This is his 40th year in the business! Thomas said he is loving the #SuiteLife! From his amazing franchise owners to the salon suite members at his location, he is incredibly happy he made the move to MY SALON Suite!
"I started in New York City and have been in West Chester ever since. My work has been featured in music videos and featured in Passion magazine.Three years ago, a friend of mine came to MY SALON Suite and I decided to rent the studio next door after seeing it was open. It is the best thing I’ve ever done! I love what I do! I love giving personal attention to my clients and having this studio feels like you’re in my kitchen and we’re all hanging out. My clients feel like they can be themselves. My clients can see a piece of me in my studio- I can have my own style and show it off."
"This is an amazing place to be and I believe it is the way of the future. This is how people will own their own salons."
"There is a camaraderie between members. Everyone is so kind and polite to each other and can recommend clients next door and share business. "
Why the beauty industry? "I've always been in the beauty industry. I did costume design at one point. Hairdressing was another passion of mine but easier for me to become a hair dresser. I love my clients and have the most amazing clients."
What does owning your own business mean to you? "Freedom to what I’ve always envisioned it could be. My clients feel like they are experiencing something branded and they love it."
How has it impacted your life? "I can’t wait to get here to work. In other places, I couldn’t wait to go home. But being in my studio is really being at home! I've had a big time financial shift, almost scary how big!"
What is your advice to people thinking about joining the Suite Elite? "Just do it, don’t be afraid- I did it on a whim and if it feels right, just do it. It is a wonderful opportunity! You’re going to make more money than you ever thought you could make.”
MY SALON Suite
Salon Ownership For You!