- Create a marketing calendar. Mark on the calendar any marketing or deals already in progress or taking place leading up to the end of the year. Make sure you mark in how you plan to market any holiday deals.
- Schedule out your social media posts. This can save you a ton of time- and your sanity! Facebook allows you to schedule out your posts in advance. If you don’t feel comfortable scheduling out for the entire month, schedule out week to week or even schedule out the next few days. It will save you lots of time. Currently, Instagram and Twitter do not allow you to publish posts in advance but there are apps that can help with that. A few apps you can use are Later (formerly Latergramme), Hootsuite, Buffer, Crowdfire, Preview (this one is FREE and can be downloaded in Apple Store or Google Play), and Hubspot.
- Write out all of your marketing emails ahead of time and save them in your google drive. This way, all you have to do is copy and paste and send to your clients. You could even save in your email drafts so all you need to do is click send when you’re ready. Make sure you mark on your calendar when you are sending out your emails.
- Have a checklist for your spending. If you are planning any Holiday mixers, charity events, or buying small gifts for your clients this month, make sure you set a budget and STICK to it. Create a spreadsheet to stay organized.
- Make your Year-End To-Do List. Getting ready for taxes, year end numbers and reporting can be daunting. Make sure you stay on top of it even in this hectic last month of the year. Keep track of your spending, expenses and sales so you are ready for 2019 and ready for tax season. If you haven’t been doing this all year long, set aside one day to sit down and go over everything. You will be grateful you did once tax season starts up!
- R.E.L.A.X. Find time for yourself to be with family and friends and relax. Pamper yourself too. You need to recharge the battery every so often to be the best Salon Owner you can be!
As a small business owner, it can be difficult to juggle it all; your business, family friends and now throw the holidays in the mix. It is easy to get overwhelmed this month ahead. Don’t let your organization slip just because it is a busy month. Here are 6 tips on how to stay organized this holiday season.
With the holiday season upon us, it is easy to get busy with our family, friends and business. BUT, it is a perfect time to thank your clients for their loyalty all year long. After all, your clients are the main reason you are in business! So take some time over the next month to thank them.
Here are some ideas to help get you going:
MY SALON Suites and Salon Plaza suites are made up of multiple small businesses like YOU. Make sure you are promoting your small business for your clients and potential clients to shop small this holiday season. Here is some information you can share with your clients on the benefits of shopping small.
Did you know that when you shop locally for every $100 you spend, $68 of that goes back into your community? Small Business Saturday is coming up on November 24th. Remind your clients to support local businesses as they are the backbone of our communities. Your businesses are useful resources to your local communities and when people shop local, it makes a profound impact.
When people shop local, they are helping to:
1. Improve the local economy. Keep more tax dollars in the local economy
2. Create better wages and benefits for your neighbors.
3. Reduce transportation and packaging.
4. Reduces your carbon footprint. Less driving around to stores and chain malls. And if clients are looking for a spa day before the holidays or after, MY SALON Suite and Salon Plaza can be a one stop shop!
5. Enhance diverse locally made products and services.
6. Get more personalized customer service. Local business owners form relationships with their clients/customers, therefore having a better shopping experience.
7. Improve the Community Identity: Keeping your community unique and makes your community a destination. MY SALON Suite and Salon Plaza are unique businesses that help all involved to become their own boss!
8. Create local jobs. A local business owner will hire local people in their businesses.
9. Increase Community Involvement. Local business owners tend to be involved in the community they work in, thus contributing to the overall health of the community. Take the time to discuss your recent charity like the Suite Relief.
10. Encourage entrepreneurship. At MY SALON Suite and Salon Plaza, we are all about the entrepreneurship! Explain how you decided to become your own boss!
Sharing Your Why with your clients is important to your marketing plan. Clients like to know WHY you decided to open up your own business and why you do what you do. Your story and your personality are what separates you from your competitors. This combined with your skills and training make you stand out.
3. You can form a mission statement for your Salon Suite based on Your Why statement and then go onto create your brand story from Your Why statement.
MY SALON Suite
Salon Ownership For You!