- Generating Leads- Not only will an event bring in some of your favorite clients, but they will introduce you to new potential clients. Networking with local community members and other business owners will help you generate those leads. Make sure people have to RSVP to your event and leave their contact information when they sign in. Always follow up an event with a "thank you" note to those who attended and keep them on your email marketing list when you send out new promotions, services and sales/discounts.
- Brand Awareness- What is your salon suite business known for? Perhaps you can host a small workshop on hair color, braiding, nail care, hair care, stress awareness (Stress Awareness month is in April). “Showcasing your abilities: You can invite prospects to an event where you get to showcase your business’s expertise and creativity, especially if your business is in the creative industry. Use your skills to organize an awesome event that will wow and interest all the visitors that show up for the event.”
- Education and Information- “Sometimes it is necessary to educate and/or inform your client base, especially if you are rolling out a new service.” You can teach workshops or roll out some of your amazing new products you are carrying and why they can help a client.
- Retaining Customers- “You can use business events to project a poignant message of ‘Thank you’ to the hearts of your most loyal and most valued customers.” You could do this annually, semi-annually or seasonally as a “thank you” to your clients. Offer up some tips, launch new services or promote new products.
There is a reason why you are seeing small businesses host events. Events are a way to connect with your clients and make new business connections. Sharing an experience is a great way to connect with people and connecting to people is a key part of a business’s success. To reach more people in your community, work with other small business owners. You are lucky enough to have people right next door to you that you can work with to make an event even better! A recent article from Lifehack.org explains four reasons to host an event.
It happens! Sometimes we lose our motivation and get lost in the day-to-day craziness. We go through the motions and forget why we started this adventure of being a business owner. As a business owner, you are faced with challenges everyday and it is hard not to feel overwhelmed by it all. A recent article from Thrive Hive laid out 5 ways to stay motivated as a business owner. We tweaked those to fit your salon suite business.
Spring is on its way! (Hopefully!) And with it comes a fresh way to spruce up your marketing. There are lots of opportunities for some fun campaigns with a few holidays and the warm weather approaching. Small Biz Trends gathered some marketing tips for the Spring season!
For more tips and strategies, read the entire article from Small Biz Trends.
With the Spring season ahead, comes new opportunities to grow your Salon Suite business. Spring holidays and promotions could help build up your business and set you on the right path for the rest of the year.
1 – Attracting New Clients- Extend a new referral program, develop a unique client experience, publish new content on social media, attend a networking event, etc.
2 – Increasing Average Ticket- Increasing average ticket can help your Salon Suite grow and become more profitable without requiring you to spend more time behind the chair.
3 – Employing Pricing Tactics- The way that you price products and services, and even the way you display your prices can positively impact sales based on consumer subconscious and psychological factors.
4 – Expanding Brand Awareness- Increasing brand awareness enables you to start a relationship with people who might not be ready to try your salon services right now for whatever reason – but who may be looking for services like yours in the future.
5 – Building Expert Authority- You can build expert authority using social media, email marketing, your website, client consultations, networking and other interactions to share your expertise with others. As you build authority, you build trust. As you build trust, it takes less work to persuade people to take the actions you want them to take.
More marketing ideas are located in our Marketing Guides for our members.
In 2019, Social media is the easiest and fastest way to get your message out about your business. It seems simple, but when you really dive into it, it can be overwhelming, confusing and mistakes can be made easily. Below are 10 best social media practices to keep in mind for your salon suite business.
As a business owner in the beauty industry, you are constantly taking care of others. Taking care of your clients, your friends, your family, can be exhausting. It is important to carve out some time for yourself. Showing yourself a little love can help recharge your batteries. An article with Psychology Today gives a seven step prescription for just that. Below are the 7 steps and how they can apply to your Salon Suite business and your life. Make sure this Valentine’s Day, you show yourself a little self-love!
Booth/Chair Renters are usually left on their own to build their clientele with little support. They are independent salon owners that are usually at the mercy of the salon’s hours, rules and policies. MY SALON Suite & Salon Plaza owners have more freedom, support and resources. Here are just a few reasons why our Salon Suite business owners made the leap!
2018 was the first year for the new tax bill. If you are overwhelmed and concerned about any of the changes, head on over to IRS website and research any changes. Have no fear though- we’ve outlined a list of deductions you can still use for your Salon Suite business! The most important thing to remembers is that because you are a sole proprietor/business owner, you can still deduct many of your business expenses.
Valentine’s Day is made for Salon Suite services, retail products and gift card sales. For Valentine’s Day, many spouse’s give the gift of a spa/pampering day either in gift card form or to get ready for a fun and romantic date night. This is definitely a holiday you WANT to add into your marketing plan for the year. Here are a few steps to help your salon suite business this next month.
8. Ask your clients to share the love for you with open ended posts like “The one thing I love most about being a (your Salon Suite name) client is _______________________________________.” You can offer up a gift card for coffee to ensure people respond to the post. Use the responses as mini-testimonials on your website, social networks and email marketing.
MY SALON Suite
Salon Ownership For You!