- Plan ahead. Before you go to bed each night, set yourself up for success! Get your coffee ready for the morning, lay out your clothes or write down your to-do list for the next day. This will set you up to accomplish your daily goals.
- Create a vision board. Take some time this week to create a vision board for 2019. You’ve already written it down (or should have!). As stylists/artists in the beauty business, a visual reminder of your goals for 2019 might be just what you need. Display it in your home so you see it everyday! It will give you the motivation you need to get through the tough days ahead.
- Start your day off with something you love! A coffee, meditation, reading a chapter in a book, etc. When you start your day off the right way, you are more happy and determined the rest of the day.
- Set your professional goals. Break them down into those action steps that were discussed in the blog last month. Take one action step a day and write how you can cross this action step off the list. One step closer to accomplishing that goal.
- Research and Education. Stay up to date on trending styles and techniques in your beauty business. Read magazines, beauty blogs and follow new stylists on social media. Take classes and educate yourself. Expand your knowledge of your industry and be THE person to go to for those lashes, nails, hair, or massage therapy.
January 1st represents a clean slate! This is when you make promises, intentions or resolutions to eat better, move more, create more time for yourself or whatever it may be. A time for new dreams, goals, plans and business ideas! The New Year is a chance to take your business to another level! Create a foundation for your goals and do one action step at a time. Below are five things you can start doing today to make 2019 the best year yet!
I know you are probably swamped this week and welcome a little break, but we all know that after this busy holiday season, work tends to slow down a bit. So how do you keep this steady flow of business going? Here are just a few tips to keep up this momentum!
One of the biggest ways to make change is to figure out what is important to you and your salon suite business. We've narrowed down some of the most important resolutions for you to focus on in 2019. Not sure how to go about these resolutions? Feeling overwhelmed? Pick one for now, create action steps on how to accomplish this goal and rock it! Check out our last blog post about how to keep your resolutions.
Focus this year on:
There are only about 4 more weeks until the New Year. Have you thought about your New Year’s Resolutions yet for 2019? According to Forbes.com only 8% of people actually achieve their goals in the New Year. By March, nearly 40% of people forget about their New Year’s resolutions or get so busy, they just can’t maintain it. So how do you accomplish your goal and stay the course? Here are just a few tips to make sure those New Year’s Resolutions stick!
As a small business owner, it can be difficult to juggle it all; your business, family friends and now throw the holidays in the mix. It is easy to get overwhelmed this month ahead. Don’t let your organization slip just because it is a busy month. Here are 6 tips on how to stay organized this holiday season.
With the holiday season upon us, it is easy to get busy with our family, friends and business. BUT, it is a perfect time to thank your clients for their loyalty all year long. After all, your clients are the main reason you are in business! So take some time over the next month to thank them.
Here are some ideas to help get you going:
MY SALON Suites and Salon Plaza suites are made up of multiple small businesses like YOU. Make sure you are promoting your small business for your clients and potential clients to shop small this holiday season. Here is some information you can share with your clients on the benefits of shopping small.
Did you know that when you shop locally for every $100 you spend, $68 of that goes back into your community? Small Business Saturday is coming up on November 24th. Remind your clients to support local businesses as they are the backbone of our communities. Your businesses are useful resources to your local communities and when people shop local, it makes a profound impact.
When people shop local, they are helping to:
1. Improve the local economy. Keep more tax dollars in the local economy
2. Create better wages and benefits for your neighbors.
3. Reduce transportation and packaging.
4. Reduces your carbon footprint. Less driving around to stores and chain malls. And if clients are looking for a spa day before the holidays or after, MY SALON Suite and Salon Plaza can be a one stop shop!
5. Enhance diverse locally made products and services.
6. Get more personalized customer service. Local business owners form relationships with their clients/customers, therefore having a better shopping experience.
7. Improve the Community Identity: Keeping your community unique and makes your community a destination. MY SALON Suite and Salon Plaza are unique businesses that help all involved to become their own boss!
8. Create local jobs. A local business owner will hire local people in their businesses.
9. Increase Community Involvement. Local business owners tend to be involved in the community they work in, thus contributing to the overall health of the community. Take the time to discuss your recent charity like the Suite Relief.
10. Encourage entrepreneurship. At MY SALON Suite and Salon Plaza, we are all about the entrepreneurship! Explain how you decided to become your own boss!
Sharing Your Why with your clients is important to your marketing plan. Clients like to know WHY you decided to open up your own business and why you do what you do. Your story and your personality are what separates you from your competitors. This combined with your skills and training make you stand out.
3. You can form a mission statement for your Salon Suite based on Your Why statement and then go onto create your brand story from Your Why statement.
Figuring out “your way” when it comes to business is sometimes a trial and error experience. Figure out what works for YOU and your Salon Suite! Answer the following questions and brainstorm some ideas.
MY SALON Suite and Salon Plaza have some wonderful amenities but adding your own style to your suite is always a good way to make it your own!. Not only does it make you feel more at home, but it helps your clients as well. Find out what your style is; boho chic, traditional, contemporary, glamorous, or edgy. Add some FLAIR to your Suite. We all know that we are a community of FLAIR (Fun, Loving, Creatively, Inspired Entrepreneurs) so bring some of that into your suite. You can bring your own personality into your Salon Suite’s interior colors, decor and ambience to transform your environment and make it a place your clients love to visit.
Fun- Bring some fun into your Salon Suite. Whether it is a pop of color or a client experience like choosing their own music, make it fun for you and your clients.
Lighting- Add some special lighting to make your Salon Suite stand out. Twinkle lights can create a relaxing and comfortable ambience and a salt lamp can create a meditative space.
Art- The great thing about art is that it can be whatever you want it to be. It could be a painting, sculpture or even some stunning photos of your happy clients after a visit to your Salon Suite. Whatever it is, add it to your space.
In the Details- Creating a beautiful space is in the details. Adding little pieces to your Salon Suite helps pull your theme together.
Retail- Make sure your products are always on display and that they reflect your style and business practices. Be sure to always have your products organized and looking neat and clean and not cluttered on a shelf.
MY SALON Suite
Salon Ownership For You!