- Celebrate Travel. Do you sell travel- sized products in your salon suite? If so, make sure you are promoting them on social and in your email marketing. Promote some summer looks and encourage your clients and followers to book before their big vacation.
- Launch a new special. Launch a summer package with products to keep their hair, skin, or nails healthy all summer long. Or offer a service to help strengthen and protect hair, skin or nails from sun damage.
- Meet new people and get out in the community. Try one new networking group each month of summer. Bring plenty of business cards to share with your new contacts.
- Take a trip! If there are trade shows or conventions happening this summer, make an effort to go. This can help grow your business and give you some great ideas.
- Revamp your marketing materials. Take some time this summer to give your marketing materials a once-over. Give your business logo or marketing materials a fresh new look!
It’s never too early to start thinking ahead to summer! With the warmer weather approaching, (or already here in some areas) that means more people are out and about. If you want to avoid a summer slump and keep sales going strong all summer long, here are some summer marketing tips for your salon suite business.
Mother’s Day is just around the corner! Make sure you are prepared for the week leading up to the big day. Offer up a few different ideas for your clients to choose from. Below are a few ideas to help get you started. Don’t forget to take a look at our Hashtag Blog post from last year to help with your social game all week long!
1. Promote Gift Cards/Certificates to your salon suite. This is an easy one! Many people are scrambling or looking for last minute gifts the week of Mother’s Day. Make sure you are promoting gift cards on social and in an e-blast to clients. You could even offer up a gift card deal like “Buy a $50 gift card and get a $10 gift card for yourself!”
2. Create a bouquet of products! Yes, flowers are great to get on Mother’s Day, but you can create a beautiful bouquet (or basket) with some of the amazing products you carry in your salon suite.
3. Create a “Pamper Me Package” for your clients to purchase. You can work with another salon suite member to create an amazing spa/nail/hair blow out package. This is a great option for those who would like to take their mothers, grandmothers, daughters, or granddaughters out for a special day.
4. Host an event! Have a Mom’s Night Out event the week of Mother’s Day. Host a night with a group of moms in your community complete with snacks, drinks and a bounce back coupon to return to your salon suite again! Offer a “Pamper Me Package” or educate the mothers about some of the products you carry and how they can help them with their busy schedules. Another idea is to teach them some “mom hacks” for their child’s hair or let them know about some of the upcoming summer looks.
We love our members! We recently asked our members to share their stories with us. Follow along on our blog and we will be highlighting Suite Elite members throughout the year!
Thomas Mannarino is a member at MY SALON Suite of White Plains in New York. This is his 40th year in the business! Thomas said he is loving the #SuiteLife! From his amazing franchise owners to the salon suite members at his location, he is incredibly happy he made the move to MY SALON Suite!
"I started in New York City and have been in West Chester ever since. My work has been featured in music videos and featured in Passion magazine.Three years ago, a friend of mine came to MY SALON Suite and I decided to rent the studio next door after seeing it was open. It is the best thing I’ve ever done! I love what I do! I love giving personal attention to my clients and having this studio feels like you’re in my kitchen and we’re all hanging out. My clients feel like they can be themselves. My clients can see a piece of me in my studio- I can have my own style and show it off."
"This is an amazing place to be and I believe it is the way of the future. This is how people will own their own salons."
"There is a camaraderie between members. Everyone is so kind and polite to each other and can recommend clients next door and share business. "
Why the beauty industry? "I've always been in the beauty industry. I did costume design at one point. Hairdressing was another passion of mine but easier for me to become a hair dresser. I love my clients and have the most amazing clients."
What does owning your own business mean to you? "Freedom to what I’ve always envisioned it could be. My clients feel like they are experiencing something branded and they love it."
How has it impacted your life? "I can’t wait to get here to work. In other places, I couldn’t wait to go home. But being in my studio is really being at home! I've had a big time financial shift, almost scary how big!"
What is your advice to people thinking about joining the Suite Elite? "Just do it, don’t be afraid- I did it on a whim and if it feels right, just do it. It is a wonderful opportunity! You’re going to make more money than you ever thought you could make.”
With over 100 locations and hundreds of new members joining MY SALON Suite & Salon Plaza, we thought we would go back in the archives and look for some great material to help out our newest members. New to the #SuiteElite? We’ve got you covered!
1. Promote your passion and personality.
Features and benefits? They only go so far. What sets your Salon Suite apart from competitors is you. Not just your skills and abilities, but your passion and personality, too. These elements explain why you chose to become a beauty professional, the commitment you have to your clients and how much you truly care about the results they achieve.
You can package them into marketing messages displayed in your Salon Suite in station and point of sale signage, and you can also use them on your website, email marketing and social media in the form of:
Even your most loyal and long-time clients might not be able to put into words what makes your Salon Suite, or its products and services, different or unique – but you can. You should be able to identify and explain what makes your business special, which aspects of the client experience are most meaningful to your clients, and what differentiates the products and services you offer.
Call these mini-scripts, if you will. They are talking points that you can include in your marketing collateral online and in your Salon Suite’s signage, menu, new client offers, loyalty reward programs and so on.
3. Align everything to your target market or ideal client types.
Taking your new Salon Suite from startup to success hinges on attracting new clients – and specifically on attracting new clients that fit within your target market, or match up directly to your ideal client types. Your ideal client types will be those that you have defined as the best match to your services and products who are also a good fit with your passion and personality. These will be the clients who most-appreciate your Salon Suite, and translate their preference into loyalty, retail and service purchases, and referrals among their friends, loved ones and colleagues.
4. Hope for the best but plan for contingencies.
If you’re bringing a local client base with you as you startup your Salon Suite, cash flow might not be an issue. If you’re growing your salon business from the ground up, then you need to plan ahead. You might need to build a nest egg to help meet initial operating expenses or supplement your salary while you build a book of business. A great way to be prepared for the early phases of being a business owner is to talk to people who have successfully built Salon Suite businesses themselves. These types of mentors can help you lay out a plan and anticipate the challenges that go along with starting a new business.
5. Promote your Salon Suite consistently and systematically.
A lot of people think of “great marketing” in terms of exciting campaigns or events. One-and-done marketing tactics might create temporary buzz, but they don’t really build strong brands.
Strong Salon Suite brands have successfully packaged their passion and personality into their marketing, they have identified what sets their business apart, and they have clearly identified their target markets, and aligned their marketing accordingly. In addition, they have a marketing roadmap – a system for how they will consistently promote their salon business to their target audience, how they will motivate members of their target market to take action, how they will keep their clients engaged, and how they will turn client engagement into more sales and referrals.
MY SALON Suite and Salon Plaza Salon Suite owners have access to many tools that better enable them to start their new salon business and grow it to the next level, and the next, including financial planning tools and a systematic marketing plan they can work day in and day out. If you’re considering whether owning a Salon Suite could propel your beauty career forward, visit one of our local Salon Suite locations and meet other beauty professionals who have gone from Salon Suite startup to success story.
There is a reason why you are seeing small businesses host events. Events are a way to connect with your clients and make new business connections. Sharing an experience is a great way to connect with people and connecting to people is a key part of a business’s success. To reach more people in your community, work with other small business owners. You are lucky enough to have people right next door to you that you can work with to make an event even better! A recent article from Lifehack.org explains four reasons to host an event.
It happens! Sometimes we lose our motivation and get lost in the day-to-day craziness. We go through the motions and forget why we started this adventure of being a business owner. As a business owner, you are faced with challenges everyday and it is hard not to feel overwhelmed by it all. A recent article from Thrive Hive laid out 5 ways to stay motivated as a business owner. We tweaked those to fit your salon suite business.
Spring is on its way! (Hopefully!) And with it comes a fresh way to spruce up your marketing. There are lots of opportunities for some fun campaigns with a few holidays and the warm weather approaching. Small Biz Trends gathered some marketing tips for the Spring season!
For more tips and strategies, read the entire article from Small Biz Trends.
With the Spring season ahead, comes new opportunities to grow your Salon Suite business. Spring holidays and promotions could help build up your business and set you on the right path for the rest of the year.
1 – Attracting New Clients- Extend a new referral program, develop a unique client experience, publish new content on social media, attend a networking event, etc.
2 – Increasing Average Ticket- Increasing average ticket can help your Salon Suite grow and become more profitable without requiring you to spend more time behind the chair.
3 – Employing Pricing Tactics- The way that you price products and services, and even the way you display your prices can positively impact sales based on consumer subconscious and psychological factors.
4 – Expanding Brand Awareness- Increasing brand awareness enables you to start a relationship with people who might not be ready to try your salon services right now for whatever reason – but who may be looking for services like yours in the future.
5 – Building Expert Authority- You can build expert authority using social media, email marketing, your website, client consultations, networking and other interactions to share your expertise with others. As you build authority, you build trust. As you build trust, it takes less work to persuade people to take the actions you want them to take.
More marketing ideas are located in our Marketing Guides for our members.
In 2019, Social media is the easiest and fastest way to get your message out about your business. It seems simple, but when you really dive into it, it can be overwhelming, confusing and mistakes can be made easily. Below are 10 best social media practices to keep in mind for your salon suite business.
MY SALON Suite
Salon Ownership For You!