- Talk to your customers. Your customers are why you are in business. Their opinions and reviews matter. Talk to your customers and see what they would like to see more of in your salon suite. Ask them what products they love and what they wish you carried for them. Ask them what services they would like to see from you and how you can improve their customer experience. Part of being a great business owner is listening to your customers and receiving feedback to improve!
- Set or renew your goals. If your current goals are overwhelming you, take some time to renew them by breaking them down and making them smaller goals. Make sure you are setting realistic, measurable goals. Here is a guide to creating a SMART Goal.
- Reflect on your WHY. When you are struggling, it is important to take a step back and think about WHY you started this business. What were your reasons? To create a a better work/life balance? Be your own boss? Make your own hours? Make more money? Whatever it was, remind yourself of your WHY. Share it with your clients, write it down every day, or start writing in a gratitude journal. This will help to refocus your energy and drive.
- Seek business inspiration from other members and peers. You have an entire community of peers right outside your salon suite door. Lean on them for inspiration! Start an accountability group and set your goals for the year. Your accountability group will help keep you in check! (An accountability group should not be any larger than 5 people.)
- Think about your business’s impact in your community. Think about how your business affects your community and inspires others. Not only are you inspiring others to run their own business, you are helping out your local economy. On top of all of that, perhaps you also contribute to St. Jude’s with our Suite Relief fund. Running a business and changing the world, one day at a time!
It happens! Sometimes we lose our motivation and get lost in the day-to-day craziness. We go through the motions and forget why we started this adventure of being a business owner. As a business owner, you are faced with challenges everyday and it is hard not to feel overwhelmed by it all. A recent article from Thrive Hive laid out 5 ways to stay motivated as a business owner. We tweaked those to fit your salon suite business.
MY SALON Suite
Salon Ownership For You!