- A little background about Jeannine Iovan... I’ve been doing hair for over 30 years, and have worked in a variety of places including a high end store that had a hair salon. I come from a family of hair stylists. I’ve won trophies in cutting and styling in the past and love what I do. I came to MY SALON Suite in Northville, MI because the commission-based salon I was working at closed- about 8 of us from that salon are now at MY SALON Suite of Northville. The beauty of being at MY SALON Suite is that we can do everything ourselves, decorate our salon suite the way we want to. There are beautiful windows which allow daylight to shine through and I have a beautiful view of downtown. I can cater to my clients, put on music my clients like and sell the products my clients and I love. I feel a part of a community but still have a private space.
- Why the business of beauty? I come from a family of hairstylists. My closest sibling was 10 years older and she was amazing so I wanted to replicate everything she did.
- What does owning your own business mean to you? Freedom and being able to customize everything to the client. I want to not just help with their style and hair but so much more than that. I love that our industry is so hands on- so many things are detached we are one of the last industries where we are hands on. We impact their lives and in the bigger picture bringing wellness to all areas of life. What I love about MY SALON Suite is that we are doing the hair but I may have a client that needs help with something else. You can refer and recommend to teeth whitening, waxing, lashes, etc. within the family of salon suites. Our clients stay within our family of suites which allows us to service them better. I love working part time and having the flexibility to share a suite.
- How has it impacted your life? I have made my client connections stronger because they are in touch with me instead of a receptionist. I don't mind working with people to accommodate their schedule. I have the keys to my salon suite and can work anytime to accommodate their schedule.
- What piece of advice would you have for a new members just start outing? Encourage them to take the leap and go for it.
We love our members! We recently asked our members to share their stories with us. Follow along on our blog and we will be highlighting Suite Elite members throughout the year!
MY SALON Suite
Salon Ownership For You!