Summer is almost over and it is time to start getting ready for all things FALL. People will start falling into their routines and everyone is ready for a fresh start. Our friends at Square had some great ideas on how to promote your business this fall. Below are just some of their ideas to take advantage of the season and help kick up your fall marketing plan.
1. Launch an Instagram photo contest: Invite customers to post pictures of themselves engaged in their favorite fall activities (apple picking, flag football, etc.) with a designated hashtag. Choose a winner and offer them a free gift, and re-gram the photo on your account.
2. Hold a “can-do” event: Email customers offering them a discount when they bring in canned and other nonperishable food items to donate to a local food pantry.
3. Advertise on local blogs: Identify the most popular blogs in your community for news, style, food — whatever best aligns with your business — and advertise special promotions for readers. Not only are the rates less expensive, but you can more easily reach your target market.
4. Hit the festival circuit: Chances are that organizations in your area host a fall fair or Oktoberfest, so find out how to set up a booth or get involved in sponsoring the event.
5. Host a social IRL party: Invite all your Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram followers to meet up in person at your store for a shopping party with special promotions and giveaways.
6. Start a deal-of-the-week email: Send targeted messages to customers with Square’s email marketing tools offering special discounts on specific items or services.
7. Throw a “treat yo’self” party: Email your best customers (it’s easy to identify them with Square’s tools) and invite them to a special event with complimentary manicures, chair massages, and makeup application along with cocktails and appetizers.
8. Get media savvy: Reach out to local TV news, radio shows, and podcasts to pitch seasonal stories that relate to your business, like fall fashion updates, seasonal recipes, and more.
For more ideas, check out their entire article.