- Be mindful. Know what you want. Take some time to really think about your goals for the year and give you that focus. Being mindful of what you truly want for your life and business will focus your energy where it needs and truly make your business a success!
- Act on your needs, not your wants. Make sure you are not setting yourself up for failure and only taking on what you absolutely need. Even though you WANT to please everyone and squeeze in those appointments for your clients, focus on YOU and what is best for your business.
- Practice Self-Care. Make sure you set some time this month to pamper yourself! Get a massage, have your nails or hair done by a fellow Salon Suite member, go to a yoga class, whatever it is, DO IT! Taking time to devote to yourself will truly recharge that battery.
- Set those boundaries. Make sure you are setting boundaries when it comes to your business. You will love yourself more when you know your limits and what you can handle as a business owner. Don't be afraid to say no.
- Protect Yourself. Take some time this month to protect yourself. Whatever that means to you. Maybe that is signing up for personal insurance, taking a continuing education course to better your business, making an appointment with a tax advisor or financial advisor, or setting up your child’s college fund.
- Forgive Yourself. Had a bad day? A bad review? We all have bad days. Learn from it and forgive yourself.
- Live Intentionally. As a Salon Suite owner, you are already living intentionally and living your dream of being a solopreneuer. Focus on what is important to you- business, family, friends.
As a business owner in the beauty industry, you are constantly taking care of others. Taking care of your clients, your friends, your family, can be exhausting. It is important to carve out some time for yourself. Showing yourself a little love can help recharge your batteries. An article with Psychology Today gives a seven step prescription for just that. Below are the 7 steps and how they can apply to your Salon Suite business and your life. Make sure this Valentine’s Day, you show yourself a little self-love!
MY SALON Suite
Salon Ownership For You!