September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month and we here at MY SALON Suite dedicate this month to fundraising for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. Last year, The Suite Elite community raised over $18,000 and we are ready to kick off this year with a goal of $25,000 for the month of September. We know that this year looks a lot different when it comes to fundraising, but we want you to know that kindness isn’t canceled and we can still give back! Our community goes far beyond the walls of our suites and we want all of our Suite Elite Members to help us make the world a little brighter!
There are two easy ways to donate:
- Text CURES to 626262
- Go to https://fundraising.stjude.org/2020suiterelief
So how can you be involved this year as a Suite Elite Member? Easy! Here are some tips on ways you can make a difference.
- Get Social! Share the two easy ways for your clients and followers to donate across social media platforms as well as email blasts.
- Have your clients text tips or donations to CURES to 626262 while they are sitting in your chair.
- Post a weekly call to action to donate and use our fun Instagram template to keep track of your donations each week!
- Hang posters in your salon with the ways in which a donation will help a child or family at St. Jude.
About St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital:
St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital continues to lead the way in how the world understands, treats and defeats childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases. Treatments invented at St. Jude have helped push the overall childhood cancer survival rate from 20% to more than 80% since it opened more than 50 years ago. We won’t stop until no child dies from cancer. Because of St. Jude supporters, countless children have enjoyed a lifetime of moments they might otherwise have missed. Families never receive a bill from St. Jude for treatment, travel, housing or food—because all they should worry about is helping their child live.
Did you know?
– $3 donation pays for pediatric isolation masks
– $10 donation pays for a new toy for hospital play areas
– $36 donation pays for meals for a day for a St Jude’s family.
– $57 donation pays for the necessities for parents who had to drop everything to get their child to St, Jude’s for treatment.
– $100 donation pays for platelet count tests for two patients.
-$250 donation pays for a week of meals via a meal card for St Jude families.
Learn more about St. Jude founder Danny Thomas and the history of St. Jude HERE.