We are seeing more and more in 2020 that digital marketing is key to staying relevant in the beauty industry. Blogs help to contribute to your SEO (Search Engine Optimization). So when someone googles “easy fall looks” or “easy hairstyles and makeup tips for Zoom meetings”, your blog could come up in that search. If someone stumbles across your blog and sees what an amazing beauty professional you are, you just got yourself a new client. Blogs are also a great way to stay in touch with your current clients and followers. They can subscribe to your blog and get a weekly email when you post something new.
- Choose a server. There are a few free sites out there for you to use for your blog. Blogspot.com is one of the most popular but Wix.com and weebly.com are user friendly.
- Pick a day of the week to post and STICK TO IT! Reliability is crucial; make sure that you are a reliable source by posting on the days you say you will. Since most stylists have Mondays off, Mondays might be a great day for you to get that blog post up!
- Write what you know. Choose topics that interest you. Make sure that you are knowledgeable about the topic and can offer advice or tips. Be the expert!
- Introduce new services or products. A blog is also a great way to explore different services you can offer at your business. You can even ask for feedback in the comments of your blog if you are thinking of introducing a new product line or service.
- Create Amazing Images. Make sure you own the rights to the images you choose. A simple google search will not work due to copyright laws. Make sure you own the rights to your images by either taking them yourself or going to a website that has stock images like unsplash.com. Then you can create writing or text in the website and app Canva.com. If you are on your phone, there is an easy to use app called “Word Swag” which is also great and you can add your business logo to the image easily. Both Canva and Word Swag have free images you can you as well.
- Offer a special discount for clients who subscribe to your blog. This will help boost the number of followers you have but also allows your clients to get to know you better and see what you have to offer!
- Topic Ideas to Get you Started: Seasonal Styles, Transformations, Updates in your salon, products you carry, tips on styles for the holiday season, discuss an upcoming event, easy hair hacks, etc.
- Get social! Post on your social media platforms to get the word out!