- Instagram: Instagram allows up to 30 hashtags in a post. Do you research on what will get you noticed. Always include the city your salon suite is in.
- Facebook: Hashtags do not seem to help reach according to data. Use no more than one or two.
- Twitter: If you are using twitter, this is entirely different from Facebook and Instagram. Research suggests using 1-2 hashtags to gain followers. More hashtags will do the opposite effect and lower your engagement.
- LinkedIn: LinkedIn is quickly becoming one of the most effective social networks. Check out some marketing strategies for LinkedIn. Hashtags will get you noticed more on LinkedIn as well.
Though you can make long hashtags, the best hashtags are brief; although brief hashtags also tend to be more general in nature. So having some specific hashtags (such as your Salon Suite’s name or a specialty you offer) can help your content get found by more of your ideal client types – it’s a trade off! The characteristics of a great hashtag are:
#Unique – Will it get someone’s attention?
#BrandConsistent – Does it align with your Salon Suite’s brand?
#MultiWordReadable – Capitalizing the first letter of a new word can help
#Evocative – Does it bring something to mind or evoke emotion?
#Topical – Is it interesting to your target audience AND does it relate to the content of the post?
#WellTimed – Does it have to do with something in the news, current trends, holiday or celebration, etc.?
#EventPromoting - Use hashtags to promote and to curate content and photos taken at an event
#Witty – Clever – funny – appealing to the common struggle?
#GoofProof – Spelled correctly!
Some common hashtags salons use are:
- #MotivationalMonday – inspiring quote
- #MemeMonday – fun meme
- #MondayMemories – share a favorite before-and-after or tag one of your most loyal clients in a post with an appreciative memory
- #MondayOutfit – emphasis on look and style
- #TransformationTuesday – client before and after transformation
- #TrendyTuesday – current trends relative to one of your services or overall client looks
- #TuesdayTrivia – trivia about your Salon Suite, industry, city, etc.
- #TuesdayTunes – what kind of music are you playing today?
- #WellnessWednesday – beauty-related wellness tip
- #WisdomWednesday – beauty related tip or how-to
- #ThankfulThursday – express appreciation for your job, clients, a specific client or colleague
- #ThursdayThoughts – share expert advice
- #FearlessFriday – share an image showing fearless style and relate it to your services
- #FashionFriday – relate to your beauty services
- #FridayFunday – selfie having fun in your Salon Suite
- #FollowFriday – shout out to new social media followers
- #ShoutoutSaturday – shout out to a client, colleague, mentor, etc.
- #SmallBusinessSaturday – appeal to public awareness to ‘shop local’
- #SaleSaturday – reference a flash-sale or current promotion
- #SelfieSaturday or #SelfieSunday
- #SpotlightSunday – spotlight a product or service for the coming week
And finally…. Be Featured on @mysalonsuite or @salonplaza Instagram by using #MySuiteMoment
As a member of the #SuiteElite, we want you to share your special moments with your followers! You know that moment...the moment when you get those goosebumps; when you know you changed someone’s life, when your clients look in the mirror after your service is complete and they take a selfie, when you help someone feel beautiful. Anytime you feel goosebumps, you know something magical has happened and THAT is a #MySuiteMoment. Make sure to use the hashtag #MySuiteMoment. Tag @mysalonsuite or @salonplaza and you can be featured on our instagram page! This hashtag is not limited to your salon life; if your new earned income bought a new bag, sent your child to camp, went on vacation, we want you to share! There are Suite Moments happening every day in and out of all our salons!
A few other ideas to share:
“#MySuiteMoment is being able to work my schedule around all my kid’s soccer games.”
“#MySuiteMoment is a beautiful and organized salon suite.”
“#MySuiteMoment is selling the products I love and sharing them with my clients.”
#MySuiteMoment is making my clients feel beautiful.”
“MySuiteMoment is giving back to my community.”